Dr. Michael Barber -- (3 Talk Set)
Pope John Paul II was the most traveled Pope ever and was seen by more people than any one else in history. During the late Pope's funeral, the population of Rome doubled and the historic ceremony garnered the largest TV audience in history (getting even more viewers than the landing on the Moon)!
JPII was one of the most eminent and influential world figures of the last century. But how many are aware of his true importance?
As you listen to The Legacy of John Paul II, you'll discover the long history and amazing life of the man who was a playwright, actor, athlete and became the only Pope to have a book on the New York Times best-seller list or record a multi-platinum selling album, and was responsible for the largest gathering of all time.
Most importantly, Dr. Barber reveals the heart and soul of John Paul II's brilliant and profound contributions to the theology and philosophy of the Church and to the life and faith of Catholics everywhere.
Now you'll discover:
• JPII's background and early family life in Poland as Karol Wojtyla
• His many achievements before he became Pope
• The story of his vocation and journey to the priesthood
• The major influences on his personal spirituality
• The unique and profound contributions he made to Catholic theology and philosophy
• The late Holy Father's unique way of teaching the faith
• Important moments of his pontificate that will influence the Church forever
• The inestimable value of his many Encyclicals and the Catechism of the Catholic Church
• How he played an indispensable role in the fall of Communism
• The spiritual fruits of his love for St. Thomas Aquinas and St. John of the Cross
• The enduring significance of his many beatifications and canonizations (more than any Pope in history)
• And much more...